The Global Road Safety Partnership (GRSP) and its partners will be working together to bring to the continent Africa Road Safety 2018. This comprehensive capacity building conference, the 7th annual regional event, will provide delegates with a range of stimulating capacity building workshops, keynote addresses, high level panel discussions and plenary sessions over two days – and this year also includes a field trip and private tour of the World Rescue Organization’s 2018 WORLD RESCUE CHALLENGE. There will also be opportunities to cast an eye back to the 2017 conference, attended by delegates from 23 African countries, to investigate outcomes from return participants.
Africa Road Safety 2018 will focus on many of the challenges in addressing road safety in countries across the Africa region, and how different stakeholders can contribute to the ambitious road safety targets as set out in the new Sustainable Development Goals. Register your attendance now.
- Raise awareness of key road safety issues on the continent.
- Provide capacity building opportunities to participants on evidence-based good practice in road safety.
- Stimulate support for and action in the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020.
- Identify avenues for multi-sector contribution towards the targets of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Develop networks to support information, good practice and knowledge sharing.
- Promote the work of all partners within African countries.
Key representatives from countries throughout Africa will attend the seminar, including:
- Senior government officials from road safety, transport, health, police and education
- Road safety researchers and experts
- Representatives of NGOs working in road safety in the region
- Key business representatives with an interest in road safety
Event Partners: GRSP Geneva, GRSP South Africa, SA National Department of Transport, SA Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC), IFRC Cluster office, World Rescue Organisation.